Alliance of European Hockey Clubs
HC Košice is a proud and only Slovak member E.H.C.
The origins of the Alliance of European Hockey Clubs (E.H.C.) spans to the year 2015 when tens of European hockey clubs presented their effort to establish an organization connecting European hockey clubs based on the success cases of football, handball and basketball.
During the initial project phase, the leaders Håkan Loob (then GM Färjestad Karlstad) and Szymon Szemberg (former COO of Champions Hockey League and Director of Communications, IIHF) visited football, handball and basketball association collecting very valuable information about how successfully found and run such a club organization.
The purpose of a club association is to look after, protect, and safeguard the interests of the professional clubs in Europe in relation with other hockey and sports authorities or organizations. The four-pillar missions of the alliance would be:
- ‣ Representation – in all sporting bodies and areas where decisions about club and player matters are taken
- ‣ Participation – in decision making in all areas where club and player matters are on the agenda
- ‣ Cooperation – with all relevant sporting bodies (IIHF, CHL, NHL, NHLPA, etc).
- ‣ Education / Service – to increase the knowledge level among members
At the founding E.H.C. meeting on June 13. 2016 held in Berlíne, the vision, mission, goals, and board members were established. Here's the list of founding board members:
- ‣ Marc Lüthi, CEO SC Bern, Switzerland - President
- ‣ Håkan Loob, GM Färjestad Karlstad, Sweden -VP
- ‣ Jürgen Arnold, Chairman ERC Ingolstadt, Germany – VP
- ‣ Franz Kalla, CEO Vienna Capitals, Austria
- ‣ Jiri Slegr, President HC Litvinov, Czech Republic
- ‣ Tommi Virkkunen, Chairman Kärpät Oulu, Finland
- ‣ Neil Black, Owner Nottingham Panthers, Great Britain
- ‣ Kjetil Böe, CEO Stavanger Oilers, Norway
- ‣ Richard Lintner, President Slovak League
Vísion: The E.H.C. is intended to represent its members, and to look after their interests through direct representation and active participation in all areas where decisions are made which affect them.
Mission: To make European hockey clubs and the European game stronger, organizationally and financially, while being a constructive and responsible partner towards all stakeholders in international hockey, in particular towards the IIHF.
Nowadays, the E.H.C. registers 86 member clubs from 12 European countries (list of members >>) managed by Szymon Szemberg (Managing Director).
HC Košice is a proud and currently the only E.H.C. member since March 21, 2016. Košice representatives have been actively participating at past member gatherings as well as video conferences during the 1st wave of COVID-19 pandemy. Thanks to the activity and free slot for Slovak representative in the E.H.C. board, Szymon Szemberg invited Stanislav Mucha (PR and Marketing Director HC Košice) to become a regular board member.
For more information about the E.H.C., please, visit the website of the alliance >>